Monday 5 September 2011

Off stage hilarity

Sometimes, despite my best efforts, the funniest things happen away from the audience.
Last weekend I was booked to do a hen night in a very nice venue in an even nicer part of the country.
Once I had set up and unpacked I still had plenty of time before I needed to start the mammoth task that is putting on enough makeup to fool an audience that I am a sophisticated woman of the world
I was standing chatting to the organiser when one of his regular customers popped her head round the door and asked if she could reserve a table. As she walked in I could see that she was a dwarf. The organiser asked her how many seats she needed. She said seven.
I nearly wet myself!!
And then almost cried because I realised I could not use that material onstage
I never deliberately cause offence and that would have. Shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment