Wednesday 23 May 2007

A good thing ....

On the subject of misconceptions ... again

This afternoon, the sun was shining and I, unusually, felt in need of some exercise so walked into town, a 35 minute stroll that takes me past the local cemetary.
As I walked along the boundary wall, some 12 feet high, I spotted a baby rabbit. Obviously having fallen from the top of the wall, it was desperately trying to find its way back and was dangerously straying close to the roadway.
I tried to catch it but, having one hand full, made no headway. My efforts chased it round the corner where a young scally-looking lad on a bike blocked its way. Between us we cornered it and he picked it up and deposited it back in the undergrowth of the grave yard with a huge grin.
His wasn't the only big grin. Everyone watching walked on with a soppy look on their faces.

Ain't life grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment