Wednesday 15 March 2006

Cancelled bookings

Over the years I have been lucky enough to have had very few bookings cancelled. However, in the last year or so, it seems that cancellations are becoming more frequent. Speaking to other acts I am gratified to find that this is not just something that happens to me.
I can understand a venue cancelling/postponing because they haven't sold enough tickets to pay the act/s (lack of promotion is another gripe, but that's for another blog entry). But why do they have to lie about it and feed you some bullshit excuse. The latest I had was when a venue returned an unsigned contract with 'cancelled due to sickness' across it TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE EVENT!!! I know bird flu is moving inexorably across the world but how does the dozy bint know she is going to go down with it a fortnight in advance??? Another time a venue cancelled a hen night 3 days before the event with the excuse that the local council had threatened to revoke their licence if they had naked males on stage.

Anyone got any barmier excuses given them??

No comments:

Post a Comment