Sunday 19 February 2006

Hecklers

Normally hecklers are welcomed by me with open arms - they give me something to play against. But last night I came across a, thankfully, rare occurrance. A disruptive 'heckler'. This woman wasn't saying anything creative, nor funny. Needless to say she was very drunk. I used all my usual anti-heckler lines and nothing would shut her up. The management of the venue was out of the room at the time so wasn't available to eject her. In the end I walked off stage (something I have never done before) because the rest of the audiencee couldn't hear what I was saying. When I came back on a couple of minutes later the management was there and telling her to shut up or leave. She shut up but left soon after.
Although it all ended OK I was left with a feeling of professional inadequacy; I should have been able to control her. I keep thinking was there something else I could have done to shut her up? Afterwards several people came up to me and congratulated me on not belting her LOL
The management told me that they had had trouble wiith her previously, but that was no consolation to me on the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment